LEVEL 2 AWARD IN HEALTHIER FOOD AND SPECIAL DIETS
Training in nutrition and the link between diet and health
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at people working in catering environments who are involved in the selection of menus, recipes and ingredients. It is also relevant for people in the health care and education sectors.
The importance of a healthy diet are indisputable. This qualification has been designed to provide a good understanding of the relationship between diet and health. The course also covers special diets, including those related to food intolerances and allergies. Learning outcomes include:
- good understanding of principles of nutrition and related terminology
- understanding of the requirements of a balanced diet and its positive effect on health
- how to identify differing needs, allergies and food intolerances
- appreciation that different groups of people require different diets to suit their lifestyle
- knowledge of the requirements of the current legislation
- understanding of the impact of food processing and manufacturing on the nutritional content of foods
- appreciation of the importance of accurate nutritional information being available on food products.
The qualification is Ofqual regulated.
Duration: one day, 10am to 5pm
COURSE FEE £65 PER CANDIDATE
(DISCOUNT AVAILABLE FOR GROUP BOOKINGS)