LEVEL 3 AWARDS IN FOOD SAFETY IN CATERING
Sector-specific training to Level 3 in food safety catering
- Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety in Catering
- Level 3 Award in Food Safety Supervision for Manufacturing
- Level 3 Award in Food Safety Supervision for Retail
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at people working in a supervisory position in a food business of any size. These qualifications meet the sector-specific requirements of the National Occupational Standards. The course is particularly relevant for people who have to develop or monitor HACCP-based food safety management procedures and systems.
This course will provide supervisors in a food business with the knowledge and confidence to do their job effectively and ensure optimum food safety is maintained. Candidates can choose from three sector-specific courses to ensure their training is directly related to their sector.
Learning outcomes of the course include:
- ability to implement and supervise a food safety management system
- understanding of food safety procedures
- understanding of the concept of food hazards and the risks associated with them
- understanding of the terminology related to supervising food safety
- understanding the techniques involved in controlling and monitoring food safety
- appreciation of the risks linked to cross-contamination
- understanding of the role temperature has to play in the control of food safety
- appreciation of the importance of supervising high standards of cleanliness in food premises.
Duration: 3 days, 10am to 5pm
To complete this qualification learners should expect to undertake a minimum of 20 hours of learning. This qualification is assessed by a multiple-choice examination.
COURSE FEE £295 PER CANDIDATE
(DISCOUNT AVAILABLE FOR GROUP BOOKINGS)