LEVEL 2 AWARD IN HEALTH AND SAFETY IN THE WORKPLACE
BASIC TRAINING ON THE PRINCIPLES OF HEALTH AND SAFETY AT WORK
Who is this course for?
This qualification is designed to provide learners with knowledge of the basic health and safety practices essential in the workplace.
This course is designed to ensure that all employees are aware of their own safety and the safety of customers, contractors and the public. Candidates will gain an understanding of the importance of ensuring a safe and healthy workplace, as well as the systems to achieve this. The training can be tailored to meet specific business or individual learning needs.
Learning outcomes from the course include:
- understanding the principles of health and safety and accident prevention
- ability to contribute to any health and safety management system
- understanding of the importance of risk assessment as a technique for accident and ill-health prevention
- understanding of the responsibilities placed on employers and employees
- understanding of hazards, risks and main causes of harm to workers (manual handling, hazardous substances, exposure to noise and vibration)
- understanding of the importance of following systems, procedures and rules
- understanding of how individual action can reduce risks to health and safety
- appreciation of how workplace equipment and task design affect health and safety.
Duration: one day, 10am to 5pm
At the end of the course candidates sit a 30-question multiple-choice test, which may be conducted orally or as a written test. To be awarded the certificate, candidates must get at least 20 marks.
COURSE FEE £75 PER CANDIDATE
(DISCOUNT AVAILABLE FOR GROUP BOOKINGS)