LEVEL 3 AWARD IN EMERGENCY PAEDIATRIC FIRST AID (1 DAY)
Training for first aiders in low-risk work environments
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for first aiders in low-risk work environments. The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) recommends that all first aiders undertake an annual refresher course. First aiders must re-qualify every three years.
This course outlines the skills required for first aiders in lower-risk workplaces to manage first aid situations calmly and confidently. The course introduces candidates to:
- roles and responsibilities of a first aider
- legal requirements for first aid provision
- how to assess and manage a first aid incident
- importance of accurate incident reporting
- first aid equipment and how to use it safely
- need to minimise the risk of infection
- undertaking a primary survey
- cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and using automated external defibrillators
- how to manage the following:
- unconscious casualty
- casualty not breathing normally
- casualty who is choking
- bleeding injury
- casualty in shock
- when and how to call for help
Course duration: one day, 10am to 5pm
This qualification is assessed through a practical demonstration and written/oral questioning. The practical assessment will include: recovery position, CPR, choking, bleeding and shock.
COURSE FEE £65 PER CANDIDATE
(DISCOUNT AVAILABLE FOR GROUP BOOKINGS)